Sunday, November 10, 2013

A sweet little finish


Here's a sweet little strawberry mug rug I finished up for a dear friend.  I had been wanting to try paper piecing, and had purchased the Sew-Ichigo Strawberry pieced pattern months ago because its just irresistible.  When I saw the red Shelburne Falls print in my stash I knew it had to be made into a strawberry.  It finishes at 6.5" square.

I watched a few YouTube videos on how to foundation paper piece before starting this, and boy am I glad!  Even with that, sometimes I had a really hard time visualizing how the fabrics should be placed together when sewing in order for them to end up covering the intended area on the template.  But it was a fun new challenge and I look forward to making a baby quit one day with this pattern.

1 comment:

  1. This is very cute! I've recently started paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete