It's been slow going on the quilting front so far this year. I am really trying to stick to my guns and not start anything new and attack my giant pile of WIP's. I have been making many cross blocks for my husband's soon to be quilt (item #3 in my FAL 2013 Q4 project list) and am now waiting to receive what I hope is the correct Kona gray that I need as I ran out and have no idea what it was named (yikes!)
When I started this I consciously thought "no true greens" but the more I laid out the triangles the more I realized the colors were too flat. I threw in a solid lime green and a few others greens from my scraps and it made a huge difference and really gave this quilt some pizzazz!
But anyway... The end result is wonderful and I am really happy with how this one turned out. My sister says people pass by her room and always poke their heads in and say how much they like her quilt, which is lovely to hear :) But I think it'll be awhile before I revisit these anytime soon!
I followed these instructions for cutting out the triangles from strips of fabric.