Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Robot Drawstring Bags

These two bags were made for a friend's boys as a thank you for all the hand-me-downs she gives us! The bag was dual purpose in that it served as gift wrap and a way for the boys to keep all their Legos together after opening.

I used Jeni's Drawstring Bag pattern and made the artist size.  For gift wrapping reference, the car Lego box (above right) fits perfectly within the bag with the drawstring fully closing.  With the firetruck Lego box I was only able to partially close the drawstring but it still worked!  The pattern was so clear and these were really fun to make.

I love to personalize gifts so I chose to make a patchwork initial for each boy's bag. I love that the pixel style letters fit with the robot fabric. Picking coordinating solids and prints to make the bags was so fun and now I'm dreaming up bags for myself :)



No comments:

Post a Comment